In 2006 in Turkey, legal proceedings against Coca-Cola were started, for the first time in the world, due to the composition of its drink.
The label usually states that Coca-Cola contains sugar, phosphoric acid, caffeine, caramel, carbon dioxide, and some “extract”. This extract has caused suspicion. The Coca-Cola company was forced to reveal the secret of what the coke actually contains.
It is a liquid obtained from the Cochineal insect, living in the Canary Islands and Mexico. The insect latch on to the plant; drinks its juice and never moves from its place. Special fields are prepared for this insect. Insects are collected by villagers … A pigment is created from the females and the eggs of these insects, which is called carmine. It dyes the Coca-Cola drink brown. Dried carmines look like raisins, but in reality, they are insects!
Now we know what the word “Coca” means in the name of the drink. And now what is hidden under the word “Cola”. To reveal this, we need to tell you the story of an employee who has spent 23 years working at the Coca-Cola factory:
“Coke’s raw material is sweet roots, these roots feed different mammals, including mice. Large cola companies collect these roots in tons with bulldozers. When harvesting many tons of roots, they are unable to pull the mouse away from them. Therefore, the roots are crushed together with what is between the roots (mice). Only after this, the remains of wool, paws, etc. are filtered out of such liquid! Because the drink has a darker shade, it cannot be seen that it also contains the blood and gastric juice of mice. Of course, giants – cola-producing companies are trying to neutralize harmful substances with chemicals. “
For 23 years, an employee who told this story never drank a glass of coca cola.
What is the composition of Coca-Cola?
- Researchers in Washington investigated the ingredients of Coca-Cola. It turned out that caramel – it is not a melted sugar, but a chemical mixture of sugar, ammonia, and sulfites, obtained by high pressure and temperature. It can cause leukemia, cancers of the lungs, liver, thyroid and many other diseases.
- It was explained that there is alcohol in the gas: this is the basis of the secret “7x” supplement. A few drops of aromatic oils, coriander and cinnamon are added to the alcohol.
- The liquid has not passed the certification at all, so some countries do not produce cola.
How does the body react to Coca-Cola?
- After 10 mins – 10 spoons of sugar will “hit” your body. We do not feel it because phosphoric acid suppresses the effect of sugar.
- After 20 mins – in the blood there will be a stroke of insulin, the liver turns all sugar into fats.
- After 40 mins –caffeine absorption is completed, pupils dilate, blood pressure increases because the liver pushes more sugar into the blood, adenosine receptors are blocked, thus preventing drowsiness.
- After 45 mins –the body increases the production of the dopamine hormone, which stimulates the pleasure center in the brain (similarly as in the case of heroin).
- 1 hour later – phosphoric acid binds calcium, magnesium, and zinc in the intestines, accelerating metabolism and increasing calcium excretion through the urine.
- After 1 hour – Calcium, magnesium, and zinc in the bones are excreted, as well as sodium, electrolytes, and water.
- After 1.5 h – we become irritable or apathetic, all water from coca cola is excreted through the urine.
The active ingredient of Coca-Cola is orthophosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. To transport a Coca-Cola concentrate, the truck must be equipped with special containers for highly corrosive materials.
The detailed composition of the advertised decaffeinated product, Coca-Cola Light:
Aqua carbonated, E150d, E952, E950, E951, E338, E330, Aromas, E211.
- Aqua carbonated –water saturated with gas. The presence of carbon dioxide in water stimulates gastric secretion, increases the acidity of gastric juice and causes bloating – profuse gas release. In addition, they don’t use spring water, but tap water passed through special filters.
- E952– (Cyclamic acid and Na, K, Ca), Cyclamic acid and its sodium, potassium, and calcium salts. Sugar substitute. Cyclamat is a synthetic chemical. It has a sweet taste 200 times sweeter than sugar, it is used as an artificial sweetener. It has been banned for use in human food because it is carcinogenic. In 1969, at the request of the Federal Agency for Food and Drug Products (FDA), it was banned in the United States because it was proved that, just like saccharin and aspartame, it causes bladder cancer in rats. In the same year, it was banned in Canada, in 1975 in Japan, in South Korea and in Singapore. It was forbidden to produce beverages in Indonesia. In 1979, the World Health Organization reformed cyclamen, considering it harmless.
- E150d(Carmel IV – the ammonium sulfate process, the dye)–burnt sugar, obtained by processing sugar at specified temperatures, with or without chemical reagents. In this case, ammonium sulfate is added.
- E950(Acesulfame Potassium)–200 times sweeter than sucrose. It contains methyl ether, which worsens the cardiovascular system, and asparogenic acid, which exerts a stimulating effect on the nervous system and may become addictive over time. Acesulfame is slightly soluble. Products containing this sweetener are not recommended for children, pregnant women, and nursing women.
- E951(Aspartame)–used as a sugar replacement for diabetics. When the temperature rises, it decomposes into methanol and phenylalanine. Methanol (methyl alcohol) is very dangerous, 5-10 ml can lead to the death of the optic nerve and irreversible loss of sight, 30 ml can lead to death. In warm soda water, aspartame is transformed into formaldehyde, which is the most potent carcinogen. Documented cases of poisoning with aspartame: loss of sense of touch, headaches, fatigue, dizziness, nausea, palpitations, weight gain, irritability, anxiety, memory loss, blurred vision, rash, convulsions, loss of vision, joint pain, depression, spasms, reproductive organs, hearing loss. Aspartame can also cause the following diseases: brain tumor, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, Graves’ disease, chronic fatigue, Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease, diabetes, mental retardation, and tuberculosis.
- E338 (Orthophosphoric Acid)– chemical formula: H3 PO4. It causes irritation of eyes and skin. Application: production of ammonium, sodium, calcium, manganese, and aluminum phosphate salts, as well as in organic synthesis, to produce activated carbon and film, to produce refractory materials, binders and refractories, ceramics, glass, fertilizers, detergents, medicine metals for cleaning and polishing metals, textiles to produce fireproof fabrics, for petroleum products, matches. Orthophosphoric acid is used in the production of carbonated water and salt (powders for making cookies). It prevents the absorption of calcium and iron into the body, which can lead to a weakening of bone tissue and osteoporosis. Other side effects: thirst, rash on the skin.
- E330 (Citric Acid)–colorless crystals. It is widely distributed in nature. It is obtained from tobacco and fermentation of carbohydrates (sugar, molasses). Used in the pharmaceutical and food industry. Salts of citric acid (citrates) are used in the food industry as acids, preservatives, stabilizers, to produce canned food.
- Aromas– it is unknown which aromatic additives.
- E211 (Sodium Benzoate)–expectorant, preservative. Benzoic acid (E210), sodium benzoate (E211) and potassium benzoate (E212) are introduced into certain foodstuffs as a bactericide and as an antifungal. Includes the following products: jams, fruit juices, pickles, and yogurts. It is not recommended for asthmatics and people sensitive to aspirin. In a recent study conducted by a professor in the field of molecular biology and biotechnology at Sheffield University (England) Peter Piper, this compound was found to cause significant damage to DNA. According to Piper, sodium benzoate is an active ingredient in preservatives used in most carbonated beverages. It can lead to cirrhosis of the liver and degenerative diseases, for example, Parkinson’s disease.