Currently, the mass-produced food, which most of us buy, is full of chemical substances. These chemical substances weaken our immune system and that’s just the beginning… However, the manufacturers don’t care if the food you consume is healthy and good for you, but rather the profits they receive. As you probably know, a good optimal diet includes lots of fruits and vegetables as well as fats and small amounts of carbohydrates.
What’s in your fruits and vegetables?
Have you ever realized what y0ur fruits and vegetables from a supermarket include and how they reflect on your health?
Manufacturers want to earn as many profits as possible; therefore, they don’t care for the proper growth time of the plants. They speed up the growth process by using artificial chemicals. Those chemicals enter the fruits and vegetables and affect their quality, lifespan, and definitely your health. The chemical waste accumulates in your body. That is dangerous because it contributes to the development of different diseases including cancer.
It is important to read labels and ingredients. In order to choose something healthy, don’t go for nice packaging, or low price, or sales. The last two might be a sign that the product is of low quality. Manufacturers encourage the customers with slogans such as: “50% more”, “great price”, “100% meat” for us to buy their products. What’s the truth in that?
Producers won’t write on the label that the product contains lots of sugar, artificial colors, preservatives, but the opposite. They will try to show the worst product in the brightest light focusing on the positives (if there are any or making them up). Don’t fall for their games! Be aware of their fake slogans while shopping.
Examples of falsely advertised foods:
- Very often, the natural Greek yogurt is false because, in fact, it is not natural. It doesn’t contain milk, but rather milk powder and lots and lots of unnecessary sugar among many other substances.
- Very popular “100% juice” is not made from fresh fruit, but produced from fruit concentrate. Fruit concentrate is made by evaporation of water and pasteurization at very high temperature. Thanks to this method, the juice can safely stay on the shelf for months without going bad. Unfortunately, pasteurization destroys all the nutrients and vitamins from the fruit. Therefore, it is not 100% juice.
- All the products (jams, sweets, drinks, etc.) with “no added sugar” label are also ascam. This label doesn’t mean that the sugar isn’t contained in the product. They often substitute sugar with the high fructose corn syrup which is a very harmful substance that contributes to the emergence of obesity and diabetes among others.
- Watch out for deli meats. In order to increase the mass of deli meats, a chemical gel is injected into them. Therefore, don’t fall for slogans such as: “organic”, “100% natural” etc. Today, deli meats are submerged in artificial substances to give them beautiful, fresh, smoked smell. All of them contain artificial colors, artificial flavors, preservatives, etc. They do it in order for meat to last long, look great, and taste great. However, they are not so great for your body.
- Also, watch out for cheese! Most of them have nothing to do with cheese and only resemble it. If you read the label and see pasteurized milk, hardened vegetable oil, salt, stabilizer, preservatives (potassium nitrate and even tallow), then it is definitely a fake cheese.
- Similarly, there is an issue with butter. It contains artificial flavors, emulsifier, thickeners, conservatives. Needless to say, these are not so great for your health. A real butter should contain 80-90% of milk fat and cannot contain any vegetable oil.
Additionally, often the products label say that it contains flavoring substances, flavors, aromas, etc. similar to natural. These are chemical compounds mimicking natural food: for example, the taste of fruits, chocolate, cheese, vegetables, meat, or nuts. A similar tactic is used by McDonald’s and many other restaurants. When they create a new sandwich, first they develop a flavor in the laboratory using different chemicals and then they use actual food (meat, bread, sauce, etc.) to create the so-called sandwich.
It is easy to recognize what is real food and what is a chemical scam by reading the labels. And remember modified food doesn’t mean that the product is improved; it is actually the opposite. It is stuffed with preservatives and highly processed.
Source: “watch out for fake foods” by Agnieszka Szczodrak, Magazine “Health without medications” (02/19)