People panic when they hear the word “cannabis.” They associate them immediately with drugs such as marihuana and their psychoactive properties.
So much has been said lately of cannabis oil (Cannabis Indica) and its wonderful properties. And this is the undeniable truth.
Let’s take a look, now at cannabis seeds, which, as you will see, also have exceptional nutritional value and; therefore, are also valuable to your health.
Meanwhile, it turns out that hemp is rich in unsaturated fatty acids and vitamin E. They contain even more of those properties than walnuts or flax seeds.
There is practically no other plant so rich in unsaturated fatty acids.
Recently they have been on the market again and are very popular. They have even been considered as “superfoods”.
What do cannabis seeds contain and how do they affect your health?
Cannabis seeds contain:
- unsaturated Omega 3 acids: they prevent cell aging and their death, regulate the level of good and bad cholesterol, normalize blood pressure, reduce blood clotting, thus reduce the risk of heart attacks and embolism. These seeds also have anti-inflammatory, anti-diabetic, and anti-tumor effects. In addition, they support your immune system. They improve the quality and condition of your skin, nails, and hair.
- EFA, or essential fatty acids. The ratio between Omega 6 linoleic acid and Omega 3 linolenic acid is ideal. Your mental performance is significantly improved if taken regularly.
- GLA, or gamma-linolenic acid, regulates the proper functioning of your cells, nerves, muscles, and many other organs of your body. Studies have shown that the risk of arthritis is reduced by as much as 25%.
- The protein contained in hemp seeds is easily digestible, does not trigger any allergies and is perfectly absorbed by your body, better even than legume proteins or nuts. This protein contains arginine. Nitric oxide is formed from arginine, which improves the blood supply and nutrition of muscle cells and widens your blood vessels. Hemp seeds contain all the amino acids that your body needs to function properly, even those it cannot produce by itself.
- Fiber, contained in hemp seeds, is soluble and insoluble. The seeds contain lots of fiber. Soluble fiber creates a gel in your stomach that protects your digestive tract, and insoluble fiber cleanses it; sweeps away the remains of unsubstituted foods, toxins, and many other unnecessary and bad by-products.
- Hemp seeds contain a high amount of vitamin E. It is one of the strongest antioxidants. It protects your cells from damage.
- The seeds contain large amounts of elements such as: magnesium, zinc, phosphorus, iron, which are also necessary for your proper functioning.
So, let’s consume cannabis seeds and add them to our daily meals. Fibrous hemp seeds are tasty and you can add them to cereals, muesli, yogurt, beverages, salads, pasta, and even when baking cakes or bread. On the list of superfoods, they take a high position next to products such as: honey, beets, or sauerkraut.
source: newspaper “Health without medicines”, Piotr Piorun: Cannabis seeds.