In Europe, white cabbage is one of the most popular vegetables. It is grown in almost every home garden. It makes many popular dishes around the world, such as bigos, cabbage soup, cabbage rolls, dumplings with cabbage, croquettes with cabbage, and sauerkraut. The cabbage was used as a remedy for many diseases. Cabbage juice is mainly known for its medicinal properties. In folk medicine, it was also used for many ailments such as women who were breastfeeding, wrapped their breasts in cabbage leaves to prevent stagnation. I will only add that 100 g of cabbage contains only 22 kcal so the juice is recommended for people who care to have a slim figure. It also improves our skin condition and our body’s immunity.
What does white cabbage contain?
- Vitamins found in cabbage are K, E, C, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12.
- It also contains minerals such as: sulfur, silica, magnesium, calcium, iron, iodine.
- And also contains chlorophyll.
- In addition, cabbage juice contains vitamin U, or L-methyl-methionine sulfonate, which has anti-inflammatory properties, heals wounds and restores the natural level of gastric juices in our body. It is the sulfonate found in this vitamin that destroys pathogens in the stomach such as Helicobacter Pylori.
It is an excellent remedy for anemia, it disinfects our airways. Even when using this juice for a few days, we will feel a significant improvement in health and energy flow. It will cleanse our body of toxins, uric acid, free radicals because it contains large amounts of sulfur and vitamin C.
People with low blood pressure and problems with cold feet, also after drinking cabbage juice, will feel a significant improvement because it improves the expansion of blood vessels.
What else is cabbage juice good for?
Drinking cabbage juice improves our memory functions; counteracts dementia and the onset of Alzheimer’s disease. Especially the regular drinking of this juice reduces the number of damaged nerves. It also prevents rheumatism.
- A very important ingredient found in raw cabbage juice is L-glutamine. We know that it belongs to the stimulants that motivate our mental abilities, additionally, it repairs and rebuilds our skeletal muscles, as well as positively affects our intestinal tract and has a positive effect on the processes of reconstruction of our intestines.
This is confirmed by many studies conducted in the USA. These studies show that by drinking up to 200 ml of this juice half an hour before a meal, it supports our digestive tract in its treatment. This treatment usually lasts 10-50 days and you should drink this amount 1 to 3 times a day.
- Cabbage juice fights carcinogenic cells and contains ingredients that accelerate the process of estrogen metabolism.
The next substance found in cabbage is methyl-S-methionine, which protects our digestive tract against cancer and heals stomach ulcers. Because of it your body then better fights cancer cells, breast, ovary, large intestine, colon, stomach, prostate, or lung tumors.
Fresh cabbage juice also heals:
- acne, herpes, lichen,
- Reny gangrenes, boils,
- Necrosis, tumors, hemorrhoids,
- eczema, various neglected wounds,
- runny nose, flu,
- And even deafness.
Cabbage juice will also eliminate persistent headaches. And in this case, it’s not just about fresh cabbage juice, but the use of hot cabbage leaf compress. The juice of fresh white cabbage can also be drunk as a preventive measure. Drink half a glass of fresh juice 30 minutes before a meal, and this should be done on an empty stomach. In the case of illness, increase the dose to 3 times a day. To squeeze such juice, use a low-pressure juicer, which is already commercially available. Juice should always be freshly prepared before consumption and immediately drunk because it quickly loses its precious value.
There are no documented precautions for drinking cabbage juice, but as always, I advise you to use common sense.