The current weather period is conducive to the development of various types of infections. One of them is herpes. Viruses HSV1 and HSV2 are responsible for its formation.
This first HSV1 virus is typically perceived as red blister-like lesions around the mouth and on the lips. Sometimes it penetrates inside the mouth or tongue.
We notice herpes only when sores appear on the skin. Unfortunately, this is already a disease stage, because infection occurs much earlier. When the skin turns red or we feel a burning sensation, this is the moment of infection.
The second HSV2 virus is very rare, but when it occurs, it locates on the buttocks or genitals.
In both cases, we feel a burning sensation. Occurring bubbles are filled with liquid. In this second stage, you may also have a fever and muscle aches. For this reason alone, it is more burdensome.
How do you get infected with herpes?
The virus enters the nerve tissue and stays there forever. Studies show that approximately 85% of people are infected. However, only half of them become ill. If we are completely healthy, the virus sits there and gives no symptoms. It is activated only by favorable conditions such as fatigue, high stress, low body temperature, etc. Our immune system is weakened and herpes occurs. Herpes, as a rule, is not dangerous to our health, but it can lead to serious complications. Therefore, when it arises, it must be properly treated, when we do not have it, we should properly prevent its occurrence.
How to prevent the development of herpes?
We know that infection occurs through the droplet route, so if someone in your family has already been infected with herpes, you should be careful and use separate cutlery, dishes, towels, and other common items for everyday use. For people with already weakened immunity, sick people, small children, or pregnant women, you should completely isolate yourself from people suffering from herpes. It has been proven that the infection of this virus by a pregnant woman can cause permanent fetal defects. It is also good to know that people who wear contact lenses at the time of herpes infection should refrain from wearing them because of the danger of getting herpes to the eyes and even losing their sight. That’s what contact lenses promote, and if your eyes get infected with herpes, you need medical attention.
Natural methods for treating herpes
What we mean is not creams, ointments, but natural methods used by our grandmothers and great-grandmothers. In nature, we have quite a few such agents with typical antiviral and antibacterial activity.
- Garlic is, of course, the first most powerful drug, known as a natural antibiotic with antibacterial activity. Take a clove of garlic and cut it in half, then get fresh juice at the incision. Just put this slice on the affected area of the skin. If you apply such a slice at the moment of infection, there is a chance that it will be possible to stop the progression of the disease. If you put it on already progressed sore, then, in turn, it will speed up the healing process.
- Onions are the second similar agent. Apply the slices to the affected area. Onions are good for larger areas, while garlic for smaller ones. Onion and garlic wraps are also very popular. You can use them 3 times a day for about 10 minutes. The same effect also applies to the juice squeezed from both garlic and onions. Smear the affected areas with the squeezed juice.
- Ginger, you do as in the case of garlic or onions. Apply the slice with pulp to the affected area.
- Lemon, in turn, is irreplaceable for cleansing the healing wounds. In this case, the wounds should be washed as often as possible with lemon juice or pulp.
- Aloe has an analgesic effect. Applied to infected places brings relief.
- Honey has similar properties to aloe.
- Lemon balm has antibacterial and antiviral effects. In the leaves of lemon balm, there are phenolic acids and tannin, which effectively destroy the HSV virus. Wash the affected areas with lemon balm or make compresses. Lemon balm oils, available on the market, also show good performance. You also apply oil to sick places.
- Use chamomile as mentioned above.
- Use sage as mentioned above.
- Use mint as mentioned above.
- Tea tree oil has anti-virus properties. Accelerates wound healing and disinfects wounds. Massage the diseased areas with oil, and for a better and longer effect, you can mix it with cream and grease the wound.
- Colloidal silver has a viral, bacterial, fungicidal effect. For this purpose, sick areas should be lubricated with it 2-3 times a day.
- Tea, used in the form of warm compresses, will also accelerate the process of treating herpes.
Sources: Health without medicines, Article. „cold sore fall-winter aliment”, Sławomir Smiałowski, martabrzoza.pl