Fever is not a disease itself. It is a signal that the body has been exposed to destructive factors. At the same time, fever is a sign that the immune system is mobilizing to fight these factors.
Science gives us further evidence that nature has provided us with fever reaction genes for a reason.
Fever is undoubtedly an effective reaction of the body, and by lowering the temperature with pharmacological agents, we destroy our own immune system.
Although the fever sometimes knocks you down and causes fear, it is really an ally. It kills pathogens that caused the disease and stimulates the defense system.
Man has always known it. Over two thousand years ago, Hippocrates said, “Give me the power to produce fever and I’ll cure all disease”. Not so long ago, during the infection, the patient was put under the comforter and herbal infusions were given to drink to increase body temperature and cause sweating. The sweat would remove toxins.
In today’s supposedly enlightened times, Wisdom of Nature has been completely forgotten. The first reaction of most doctors! parents and the sick are willing to break the fever when it exceeds 38 ° C and even lower. Meanwhile, viruses and most bacteria die when body temperature fluctuates around 39 ° C. The use of pharmacological agents in order to artificially reduce fever is a procedure completely contrary to nature, directed against the body.
Why is fever a gift?
Short-term inflammation and fever not exceeding 40 ° C are very effective physical responses that protect against viruses. They are simply necessary – without inflammation, viruses would kill us without the slightest resistance.
There are other aspects.
“Fever stimulates and trains the immune system, public awareness in this area is deformed by propagated antipyretics” – says, prof. Kozak. “If there is a natural mechanism in nature, it must not be turned off for any reason. Swallowing pills as soon as the body temperature increases is a huge mistake. Turning off the fever mechanism too often causes the body to eventually give it up and the immune system goes to sleep. You should enjoy a fever because it means your immune system is working. We should worry when we undergo an infection but don’t get feverish. This indicates that our body is deprived of some element or has been accustomed to the idea that this element does not have to appear anymore. This may be due to too frequent use of antipyretics. The research results clearly show that people over 30 and 40 are less and less feverish. This has fatal consequences. We already have a huge amount of scientific evidence to support this thesis. If someone has not been feverish for 10 years, their risk of cancer increases significantly. Later, someone is surprised that he or she was as healthy as a horse, and here is cancer. “
A weak immune system does not perform such a thorough overhaul of the body as an infectious disease, i.e. with the use of aggressive germs, but proceeds conservatively, allowing only the infection of toxic deposits and defective cells with mild parasites. There is one conclusion: infectious diseases simply must be left to be so that you can be healthier in the long run.
Fever is especially essential in children
A child’s body has a higher temperature tolerance than an adult’s. Not without reason, because childhood diseases are shown to be necessary to build a strong immune system. The endurance of childhood diseases pays off with less risk of illness in adult life such as allergies, asthma, cancer, hypertension, and many other chronic diseases.
Modern mothers are so afraid of fever in a child that when the temperature rises by just a few lines, they immediately use one of the advertised syrups to reduce fever. The drug will indeed reduce fever, it will soothe and calm you down at the same time, your child will stop crying and fall asleep. But it only benefits the parent, for the child is just the opposite.
The symptoms will disappear, but the infection will remain dormant, it will come back many times, resulting in recurrent infections, weakening immunity, and chronic health problems in the future.
People from the older generations are strong and durable because, among others, during the passage of childhood diseases, their bodies coped with them by themselves supported by honey, garlic, linden, raspberry juice, without paracetamol and antibiotics. The modern generation of young people is fragile, weak, sickly, and prone to sickness, all at the mercy of pharmaceutical concerns.
What to do during a regular infection?
First of all, don’t harm yourself. Fight the cause, not the symptom. You have to stop the infection, not the fever.
Be sure to go to bed to sweat, eat less if you have no appetite, drink more liquid, use grandma’s methods, and wait for results.
This does not mean that you should never react to too high temperature.
In a case when fever:
– exceeds 40 ° C, in children 41 ° C (or less, each of us has a different reaction threshold – should be observed);
– lasts too long;
– occurs in pregnant women;
– occurs in people with cardiac and circulatory disorders;
… we lower it with natural methods.
Home remedies to break a fever fast
- Acidic socks. A very effective old way. To 1 liter of boiled water, add 1 tablespoon of spirit vinegar or a glass of apple vinegar. Cool to 38-40 degrees Celcius, soak cotton knee-highs, put them on the child’s legs, wrap the legs in a towel. Take off after 20 minutes, if necessary you can repeat the treatment. For adults, soak linen compresses in solution and wrap around the calves. Repeat several times until the compress warms up.
- Cold water. One of the tried and tested ways to lower body temperature is to swab the entire body of a sick person with cold water. Cool it down for about 1 minute and repeat the procedure every hour. During the day, you can do it up to 10 times. After washing, stay in bed. You can also apply cold compresses on the nape of the neck and the inside of the wrists, at the pulse site, or on the stomach.
- Alcohol. Add the same amount of water to a cup of brandy or vodka. Soak the gauze in the solution, wrap the feet and put on socks.
- Compresses/wraps with raw potatoes. Peel and grate potatoes on a thick grater, put them in socks and put on the child’s feet. For adults, make a compress from potatoes on the forehead.
- Chlorophyll compress. Big green vegetable leaves reduce fever. Sometimes it is enough to take a cabbage leaf, kale, turnip and put it on the forehead, chest or arms.
Herbs for fever
- Mix the lemon balm, mint, chamomile, licorice root, and elderberry flowers in equal parts. Mix the herbs and pour them into a paper bag. If necessary, brew 1 teaspoon of the mixture in a glass of boiling water for 15 minutes. Strain and give children under 2 years of age 2 times a day ½ cup, children over 2 years 4 times a day 1/2 cup.
- Mix the linden flower and dried raspberry fruit in equal proportions. 1 teaspoon of the mixture boil for 10 minutes in a glass of boiling water, covered. Take 1/2-1 cup of infusion 3 times a day. Alternatively, you can brew the linden blossom itself.
3.1 tablespoon of yarrow brew in a glass of boiling water, under the cover for 10 minutes, drink cool, but not cold.
- Basil tea: pour boiling water over a few basil leaves and drink.